2011年8月11日星期四

Yards, and not the measuring kind to Tera Power Leveling


I haven’t waxed nostalgic over my home country in a while, and I think it is about time.  One thing I’m missing that I didn’t expect to miss: yards.  Really, yards are not a big deal to most people.  You have a square in front or behind your living space, that is a yard.  Sometimes it is grass, sometimes it is just concrete.  Some people make it look very nice, others keep it cluttered.  Even a lot of apartments have them, at least the ones that are only 1 or 2 stories tall.  I would say our apt in California had a yard, since we had lawn chairs outside our door and an area to BBQ, even though it was open to the whole apartment complex.

Here in China, no one has a yard.  It seems a number of apartments have, in a phrase I am just making up, “garden floors.”  It is a floor in the apartment that has some open space that anyone can go to, some play equipment for children, and at least one table for old people to play chess on.  Because no matter which country you’re in, old people like to sit outside and play chess.  But it is weird, because it is almost always on the 3rd or 5th floor.  I can’t call it a yard when there is a roof over it.  You couldn’t just head to the garden floor and look up at the moon or stars.  Well, you can’t really see any stars in Shenzhen anyway, but that’s another topic.

Also, grass only seems to exist in parks.  Pretty much every house and every apartment building in the US has grass in front of it.  Of course, grass is only good if you’ve got the will to maintain it. Otherwise you either have a jungle out front, with green deep enough to lose your car; or you have a sad brown patch that makes it look like rain no longer exists.  Actually, that is probably why lawns aren’t in China. No will to maintain a green patch in front of a 12 story building that is just going to have kids peeing on it.

Still, you miss the chance to walk barefoot on grass after a while.  Just an odd thing that occurred to me.  Never thought I’d miss a yard, considering I never spent much time in the yards I had. And really, grass is such a small thing to miss.

This article comes from dioenglish. And he is a good worker in our company. If you are searching for Tera Gold service online, my friends, you can visit our site. Our company always provides you the Tera Power Leveling for you. We are a reliable gold service company. So you can trust us. Just place an order and to buy Tera Gold. We can provide you with the best service which makes you greatly satisfied.

没有评论:

发表评论